Thursday, November 21, 2013

An Apology, of sorts...

Yes, we have been away...

for awhile, now. Thought we were going to attend one or two of them big fancy schools back east on line for free. I reckon it is true, you get what you pay for

But we're back to blogging. I began this piece some weeks back as an apology to my follower. It's been sitting in 'Draft' so long now, it's dated. Or, at the very least, several days behind...

Starting over...again....

Looking to clean out the shed on a brisk Sunday morning.
May have found me another dog, but keep it under your hat. I haven't told Anniepie, yet.

Hello, and welcome back. This is our third or fourth post in recent days after a months' long absence. I'm not sure I want to get into where we were and what we were doing while on hiatus. Let's just leave it at reconsidering, regrouping and relaunching.

A couple of things followers--if any are hanging with us--might want to know:

  • In addition to learning to blog, I'm doing some six hours a day at PATTERSON'S, valeting and schmoozing in the service dept. Cut an old journalist a break, and let me know when you're in the market for a new (to you) vehicle, would ya? 
  • Anniepie got a pacemaker to kick start her heart. I'm not supposed to write about that for some reason or other. She's doin', "Jus' fine."
  • No, I have not abandoned returning to The Northwest, but it appears highly unlikely that will happen before 2016. Seems I've got a race for the governorship of Texas to help Wendy Davis win.
One corner done! Hope reinforcements arrive soon!!

Meanwhile, back in the shed....

Progress, of sorts, is being made. Reinforcements are here, and we've got the start of a cooking fire, burning down to coals.... Tales will be told around that fire, and some of 'em may even find their way into these files....

But I wouldn't hold my breath in anticipation.

October passed the Rolling Plains, leaving crisp mornings, teasing showers and transforming trees for November. After yet another summer burn out--our third straight--we have reconsidered our decision to throw in the towel on the fight to garden.

October infected the Back Yard Boys with the urge to merge with wilderness. Camping fever is chronic and acute. Work obligations being what they were (and remain), even a weekend two-nighter was not possible

Y'all come back, now, hear?




No comments:

Post a Comment